Community Living Essex County has started a new program that is highly successful for both employers and future employees!
Career Compass is a modern employment service providing direction to job seekers searching for meaningful employment and guiding employers in inclusive hiring. Hiring people with intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
DID YOU KNOW:
- 90% of employees with disabilities rate average or better on Performance
- 86% of employees with disabilities rate average or better on Attendance
- 98% of employees with disabilities rate average or better on Work Safety
- Over 4.4 million Canadians are living with a disability and 70% are unemployed
- According to RBC, people with disabilities have an estimated $25 BILLION in consumer spending power across Canada
- An inclusive workplace can INCREASE employee satisfaction and lead to INCREASED customer loyalty
Nearly three-quarters of survey respondents said that employing individuals with intellectual disabilities and ASD has been a truly positive experience and even on that has exceeded their expectations.
There is a significant evidence that hiring individuals with intellectual disabilities or ASD reduces turnover, improves attendance and either maintains or improves overall organizational performance. Other employees and customers of businesses who engage in inclusive hiring both report positive perceptions and experiences.
Career Compass has expert employment specialists that will provide individual job coaching and on-site training and support. They provide the right job match to meet the persons skills, abilities and interests with the employers needs and provide on-going employment support.
- They offer pre-employment training sessions and education
- Ongoing, on-the-job support and problem solving and follow up for both employee and employer
- Increase employment related skills and self-esteem
- Becoming a contributing member of society
- They provide solutions to your labour needs, with pre-screened applicants
- Individualized on-the-job training available at no cost
- They are a collaborative agency that will provide ongoing support and follow-up to ensure a positive , long-term relations between you, the employee and co-workers
- They are the link to assist in diversifying your workforce
“We have a dedicated, hard working employee with a positive attitude. This has been a win-win experience and I encourage more business owners to get involved.” —Mike Siblani, Owner, Little Caesars Pizza, Essex
For more information please call:
Community Living Supports
Phone: 519.776.6483 Ext. 401