The Tecumseh BIA is excited to announce that our 15th annual Gallery Without Walls Art Banner Contest is back for 2021!
This year’s theme will be… Superheroes!
What is A Gallery Without Walls?
The TOTBIA Art Banner Contest, in its 15th year, is an exciting initiative brought to you by the Town of Tecumseh Business Improvement Area (TOTBIA). Banners, painted by local artists of all ages and/or photographs hang on the town street poles from June to November. This incredibly colourful and unique town streetscape is a “Gallery Without Walls” and is enjoyed by the local community and visitors alike. We encourage artists of all ages to enter this exciting contest; show your talent and creativity and most importantly, have fun! After winners have been selected, pictures of each banner, title and artist name will be listed on the TOTBIA website: www.tecumsehbia.com .
PRIZES ARE GIVEN IN TECUMSEH DOLLARS:
Entry Deadline: Friday, April 2nd, 2021
Voting Takes Place: Monday, April 5th, 2021- Friday, April 16th, 2021
Winners Chosen By: Monday, April 19th, 2021
Submissions Must Be Sent To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Mailed To: Town of Tecumseh BIA
2-12122 Tecumseh Rd. E.
ENTRIES NEED TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY:
- Name of Artist, Age, Grade (if applicable), Email Address Contact, Phone Number, Title of Drawing (what is in the photo).
To be determined due to Covid.
• A completed entry must be submitted with each design/photograph- limit 2 per person.
• All drawings or photos MUST be submitted on 4” wide by 6” high vertical paper size/photo print.
• Vertical photographs (black/white/colour) can be sent in high resolution JPEG file or on photo paper.
• Horizontal entries will be disqualified.
• All designs/photographs must be original and/or taken by the adult/child/student whose name is on the entry form.
• The winners will be contacted by Monday, April 19th, 2021.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRIES:
All entries must be original design; featuring the theme: “Superheroes!” Get out your pencils, paints or camera and show us what your interpretation of a Superhero is! It could be your favourite Marvel or DC character, an inspirational figure in your life or a real-life, hard-working superhero in our community! If your design or photo is selected it will be digitally reprinted and considered finished artwork that will be reproduced on a 28” wide by 44” high banner, on both sides.
All submissions will be judged by a committee of various TOTBIA Board Members.
Entries that best reflect the specified theme will be chosen.
ALL SUBMISSIONS AND BANNERS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE TOWN OF TECUMSEH BIA ART BANNER CONTEST.
ENTRY SUBMISSION FORM- MUST BE FILLED OUT AND SUBMITTED ALONG WITH ARTWORK TO BE VALID ENTRY.